***Note that this lecture is only open to Columbia students, faculty and staff. No recording of any kind will be permitted.
David Sears has had the good fortune to work for and learn from some of the world’s most talented game developers. For Zipper Interactive, David was the creative director for the critically acclaimed and best selling series of SOCOM: US NAVY SEALs games for Playstation 2 and PSP. His first work, an adaptation of Harlan Ellision’s “I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream” was an award winning PC adventure game. For his second project, David collaboratedwith Clive Barker on an original PC action-adventure game called Ectosphere.
David Sears has designed and directed racing games, platform games, brawlers and action adventures on a variety of consoles for developers including Virgin Games, Looking Glass Studios, Sony Computer Entertainment of America, Pseudo Interactive, and most recently, Ubisoft Montreal where he is a creative director on the upcoming Rainbow Six: Patriots.
• I Have No Mouth, And I Must Scream, PC, adventure
• Ectosphere, PC, action-adventure (unreleased)
• Meat Puppet, PC, shooter
• Mini-Racers, N64 RC, racing (unreleased)
• X-Stream, N64, kayaking (unreleased)
• SOCOM 1, 2, 3; PS2, shooter
• Fireteam Bravo, PSP, shooter
• MAG, PS3, shooter
• Rise to Honor 2, PSP, brawler (unreleased)
• Prodigal, 360/PS3, action-adventure (unreleased)
• Wolverine, Wii, brawler
• Where the Wild Things Are, 360/PS3, platformer
• Princess Frog, Wii, mini-games
• Rainbow Six: Patriots, 360/PS3/PC, in production