GETTING A JOB 101
Presented by Becca Hallstedt (Class of 2017) Freelance Concept and Texture Artist
In partnership with </hackerjacks>, Becca Hallstedt, formerly of World of Warcraft at Blizzard as well as Injustice 2 at Netherrealm, led a presentation and discussion about techniques around job applications and interviews in the games industry.
Discussions centered around:
- Burnout and mental health
- Active community involvement
- Chicago game development organizations
- Balancing self-criticism and growth against self-deprecation
- Methods of self-care when doing job tests
- Healthy business practices vs. Unhealthy ones, and how to be aware of them
- Portfolios: when it’s time to remove or add a piece
- Discovering useful job resources to help with website construction and resumes
A big thank you to Becca Hallstedt and their insights! Becca enjoys pickling vegetables, world-building, and mentoring people about the games industry and its processes.
Catch up with </hackerjacks> every other Friday in the IAM Department, Room 139 from 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM!
For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Information can be found in room 122 and via posters around the department!
You must be logged in to post a comment.